Saturday, June 18, 2011

Revamped Pro(b)logue, Coming Soon

I have just returned from a wonderful place. A writing conference full of amazing insights by published authors, and enough creative energy to power a train made of rubber bands and old sinks.

More about that in the next (new!) post.

One of the sessions at this conference was about social media (Facebook, Twitter, and - of course - blogging). The biggest thing that I learned from that workshop was... basically... I had no idea what I was doing when I started this blog.

But now that I do have an idea of where I want to take this, there'll be some changes coming.

Exciting Things to Expect
  • New posts. Yeah. Hopefully quite a few. They're gonna be here.
  • Less rambling, more deliberate posts, more relevent to writing than just whatever I find interesting.
  • More frequent, regularly posted posts.
  • A focus on everyone on the journey toward publication. Not just me, who you don't care about. I think that my goal now is to make a place where other unpublished writers can come and feel at home, and we can all kind of work on the prologues of our writing careers... or something. Yeah. I've got to think it through some more. And of course, published authors would be welcomed to share their expertise, if they desire to do so.
 And... more things than that. Once I sit down and spend a leisurely afternoon planning things out.
Unfortunately, I leave tomorrow to spend a week at camp, away from a laptop and internet. Exactly where a recharged writer wants to be, huh? *sighs and shrugs*
So, a post about the conference might come tonight, or it might come when I get back, depending on how much I get done this evening and how much computer time I'll have before leaving tomorrow. Exciting things, readers! All six of you. XD
Another exciting thing: more participation for you!
What do you do when you want to spend time writing, but the everyday 'life' things make it impossible?
As far as my reply goes, I'll be bringing some pen and paper notebooks to camp. Somewhere between s'mores, sports, and singing around a campfire, maybe I'll get that chance to sit down and plan out the new direction for this blog.
 
 
Keep writing. You'll be hearing from me again, soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment